Current from August 2018
2. The Company
Clear is a trading name for Carbolibrium Ltd which is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office and operates in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
3. Information Collected
Clear only collects as much information as it requires, and only keeps that information as long as it serves a useful purpose.
The information collected from you may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name and contact details
- Information about your employment
- Information about your carbon footprint
- Financial information, including payment transaction details
- Communication preferences, including what you have agreed to receive and from whom
- Site registration details, such as username and password
We may also collect information about your visit to the site automatically, such as your IP address, which pages you visit, and for how long. This information helps us to improve the content and usability of the site and promote it more effectively.
3. Use of Information
Your personal information may be used for:
- administration arising from our relationship with you
- maintaining records of your carbon account, including your carbon footprint and the financial details associated with your carbon transactions
- provision of requested services through third parties within the European Economic Area, with whom privacy agreements exist
- communication with you about reducing your footprint, offsetting the remainder, requesting feedback, or notifying you of changes to our services, unless you have chosen not to receive such communications
Statistics on your visit to the site may be used for:
- improving your browsing experience through personalisation
- improving the content and usability of the site
Aggregate information (not personally identifiable) may be used for:
- environmental campaigns, including press releases
- company reporting and compliance
- research and marketing purposes
We will not provide your personal information to any third party for the purposes of direct marketing without your specific consent.
4. Other Disclosures
In addition to disclosure for the purposes identified above, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent required by applicable UK legislation and EU directives
- for the purposes of any current or prospective legal proceedings
- to provide information required for fraud prevention or reducing credit risk
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
- to new business partners or owners if our business enters into a joint venture with, or is sold to or merged with, another business entity
5. Information Security
Clear uses strict physical, electronic, and administrative security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage both on-line and off-line. However Clear cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted across the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password confidential, and for changing it regularly.
6. Users 16 and Under
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent or guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
7. Third party websites
8. Changes to this policy
9. Contact us
If you have any comments or questions about this policy, or how we handle your personal information, please let us know. You can contact us here.